Simplicity 2364 Review

It's that time again! Time for another pattern review! Today's pattern comes to us via a $.99 sale at Hancock Fabrics. I had a giant list of patterns I wanted to try thanks to my mom sending me a link to a pattern matching site. Although the site has not been updated in over a year, I still saw some cute stuff on there. So, armed to the teeth I entered the $.99 Simplicity pattern sale, only to be slightly disappointed with the lack of people crowding that pattern section. But it was a Sunday, and a stormy one at that. I am kind of glad it wasn't busy, as I dislike crowds. Mainly I dislike how rude people can be, but I really haven't seen a lot of rudeness in the fabric store. You're there to buy sewing supplies... everyone else is there for the same thing. People who sew tend to be aimable, especially around other sewists. And I'd say a healthy 90% of the people there are sweet older ladies, so I've never had an unpleasant trip to Hancock Fabrics.

Anywho, I picked out my allotted 10 patterns and then instantly rethought them all. Did I really need more dress patterns? Didn't I have enough already? But isn't that pattern so damn cute?! And I am a horribly indecisive person. I walked around for 20 minutes (and stopped by the remnant section a couple of times) deciding on whether or not I wanted the ones I initially chosen. I ended up putting a couple of them back and only got 6 patterns. Out of the 6 lucky contestants, this one is today's review winner. I left all 6 of the new patterns alone in Spider Town (that's my sewing room) and they had a hunger games thing going on whilst I was away. When I returned, this pattern was on top of them all, obviously the winner.



The main reason I wanted this pattern was for the bolero thingy. I am 99% sure it's attached, but I figured I could maybe take the pattern and make just a stand alone bolero. One of the patterns I ended up putting back was for boleros. So, I was trying to kill 2 birds with one stone with this pattern. Plus, it just looks comfy and a little chic with the higher back neckline. I might end up making this for my Thanksgiving outfit.

**Update - I made it!!

Comments

Popular Posts