Thanksgiving Outfit

It is here again... that special time of year... that time of year where I get anxiety and frazzled nerves. Yes, it's Thanksgiving time!

I love me some Thanksgiving, don't get me wrong. I love food and I love to eat. Thanksgiving is a holiday after my own stomach. I love it all! Turkey, ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, rolls, green bean casserole, pies!


Mashed Potatoes... (Homer drooling sound)


Green Bean Casserole... Yes!!

But the part of Thanksgiving I sort of dread is the family getting together part. Not my own family, of course. It's more like the whole giant side of my husband's family. I'm not saying they aren't nice and welcoming or anything like that at all! They are very nice and very welcoming and the food is always wonderful. My favorite part about the whole trip to Clarksville is seeing my husband's great aunt, Suva. That woman is the nicest person you could ever hope to meet who isn't already in my family. You will instantly get a hug upon meeting Suva. And the whole shebang takes place at Suva's house, which is uh-mazing. It's set off in the woods, and after we eat we all take a trek through said woods to 'walk it off.' Her house is filled with all this awesome old furniture and loads of National Geographic magazines. The whole atmosphere is just inviting.

But I am more nervous about the rest of his family. I don't know why, but I always feel like I am not good enough to be there. No one treats me that way, but I always just feel like I don't belong. I hate that feeling. Everyone there is super nice, but I just feel like I'm not up to par with the rest of them. First off, they're all very good looking, which instantly makes me feel like I married into the freakin Baldwins. Secondly, they all just seem like they have it all together, whereas I feel as though I have no idea what I'm doing 99% of the time. Third, they always ask us what we want for Christmas, but we're pretty low key, so we don't ever know what to tell them. I panic and say books, as though I don't have enough books lying around the house. I mean, I will always take more books, so technically that is what I want for Christmas. And really, I always end up having a good time, so I don't know what I worry about every year.

Anywho, I wanted to make something to wear to Thanksgiving to kind of impress the extended fam. Like "Oh hey, since last year I've lost 15 pounds, got bangs, and I now sew like a madwoman. I know what I want to do! I have my shit together this year!!" Haha. SO I thought I would go with a nice top and some jeans, since we will most likely be talking a woodsy walk. We shall see.

Comments

Popular Posts