Purple with a Purpose

Today is National Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Day, so people were asked to wear purple in support and awareness. I only just heard about this whilst drinking my coffee this morning and I panicked instantly. Do I have anything purple at all to wear!? I'm not a giant purple fan.


This is a giant purple fan...

Anywho, since my dad passed away 16 years ago from Pancreatic cancer, I thought I would show support by wearing any and everything purple I own, which was not much. I knew which shoes to wear, as I had bought a kick ass pair of purple booties that mom and I bought a couple of weeks ago at Platos Closet. I picked through my shirts and found this shirt I had attempted to dye dark blue. Being myself, i.e. not bothering to do the research for the correct amount of colors to add, made it dark purple on accident. Shirt, done. Shoes, done. I was planning on wearing a pair of black pants, but on my way out of the closet I spotted a purple flower skirt I had forgotten about. Boom! On went the skirt! And here are the end results...


Here's to hoping they find a cure soon. (takes a shot)

Comments

Popular Posts