Simplicity 2147 Review

Here we have the Simplicity pattern #2147.



I had never sewn a yoke and I was not even 100% sure what a yoke was, so that is the main reason I wanted to get this pattern. Also, cause I really, really love looooong tops, and this has a couple of long tops and a couple of mini dresses. Plus the long bell sleeves are darling. Everything about this pattern just screams cute and comfy. Plus, I have all sorts of accessories that I can add to a plain top/mini dress to make them unique, like these bad-ass leather strap thingies that my husband took off of his old leather jacket. I stuck some of them on epaulette-style on a green polka dot shirt I made, and it gives the shirt a rockin edge.

I also very much loved the fact that it had basic sewing instructions in it, such as how to make a belt, how to stitch a narrow hem, how to stitch a yoke, etc. Since I am still so new at most of this, any included tips are welcome! Most of that I will just wing it on, but if there are some helpful tips out there then I am willing to give them a shot. :-D

UPDATE: I made this for my momma for her birthday!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts