WIP It... Wip It Real Good

I think I prefer the term WIP instead of UFO when referring to the pile in my sewing chair. I don't think it will catch on, but I don't really care. :)

I like Work In Progress because it sounds more positive than Unfinished Object. That sounds so ominous to me, like 'this random object needs to be taken care of' instead of 'this project of mine is in progress, and therefor it will be finished soon in a happy manner.' I'm a very positive person. I just think WIP sounds better.

Anywho, I was not feeling myself last night (cramps) so I tried to do something small in spider town just to make some sort of progress. So I took out the top stitch of my skirt in progress. I want to put some sort of yoke on it or something to make the waist part look better. It was actually cut from this pattern, but I don't know if I want that same kind of top part. So I looked into my *database of patterns and saw that I also have this skirt pattern (among 7 others) and I like the yoke a lot, so I might take it out and see about attaching it to my current WIP.


I kind of want to have a mullet approach to this skirt. Business on the top, party on the bottom. It's a nice flowy skirt, but I want to wear it to work and look semi-professional. I'll see if the cramp monster is kind enough to leave me alone for a couple of hours when I get home so I can do some work. I would love to be able to wear it next week. Anytime its not in the 30s or colder, I still dress up for work. My legs don't get all that cold, but I'll be damned if my hands just will not warm up sometimes! And for now I shall go and leave you with this 'appropriate to my situation' scene from one of my favorite movies. Enjoy!!



*I heard about an app for apple only (jerks) that will categorize all your sewing madness into one place. While they have not made any sort of app for android yet, they did have something that I have been using called Memento Database. You can create your own inventory of stuff, from a movie collection to your recipes. I made one for my sewing patterns which includes who the company is (Simplicity, McCalls, etc) what the pattern is for (skirt, top, etc) and a picture of both the front and back of each pattern. So, if I happen to be out at a fabric store and see a fabric I love, I can pull up the app and search 'skirts' and it will bring up all 8 patterns I have and see how much fabric I will need and what notions I need to grab. Interesting side note, I only have 87 patterns. Who thinks I should sneak up to an even 100, you know, just to keep the numbers looking good?

Comments

Popular Posts