Happy New Years!

Whew! So much has been going on in the past couple of weeks, it feels good to just sit down and write a little. Christmas came and went nicely, as it usually does. I had to work yesterday, but I got off early and was debating on taking a trip down to Joanns after work, as I received a gift card for Christmas. I didn't want to go, because it was New Year's Eve and I figured the place would be packed. Plus, I don't usually go to Joanns because it is further away than Hancock's is. Silly, I know. But I do like Joanns. I usually order from them online, which is what I ended up doing yesterday. They had a flat rate $1.99 shipping sale, so I went ahead and ordered a couple of things that I needed/wanted. I needed some elastic for a small project for my mother in law. She gave me some pants to fix. They are just a little too small, waist wise, but since it is an elastic waist, all I had to do was remove the old elastic and add in some slightly longer elastic. I was going to add to the existing elastic, but when I cut it to remove it, it was very crappy looking elastic. It was unravelling like crazy! So I decided to just go new instead of fighting with it.

So that was ordered, along with some leather cording. I bought these killer knee high boots from Victoria's Secret a few years back (like, 4 years... seriously, I have been sitting on them for a while) and they were amazing except for one thing; they also had elastic on the very tops, I'm guessing to help hold them up. However, I do not have small stick legs, so they cut way into my thighs and looked awful. I unstitched the tops and removed the elastic and stitched it back down. They were a little big without the elastic, so I put a couple of grommets in them and decided to make them lace up instead of elastic.

The upper part is like velvet, so in pictures it looks crappy. But they are so soft!!

I also went ahead and ordered some thread I had been wanting to try. I got some of the Gutermann elastic thread. I want to try smocking because it seems like a fun way to take in a small area. I also threw down and got some Coats glow in the dark thread... because I can, that's why. :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Comments

Popular Posts