Class Is In Session

Holy crap... I thought there was a lot I did not know, and so far that proves to be true.


I started The Perfect Fit: Tailoring Course from BurdaStyle on Monday night and it was very informative so far. I still have a long way to go. I got through lesson 1, but I have homework to turn in before I can move on. They showed us (me and the mysterious mass of other students) what we will be able to do once we've taken the course, and it was quite intimidating. I am most interested to learn how to make a sloper for myself and also basic garment alterations. We'll be going over slopers for a bodice and skirt. They'll also go over copying clothes you already have (pants and a button down shirt) which I have done before with a dress. But when I did it, I took the whole thing apart and made a pattern and then put it all back together. I'm assuming they have a cheat way around doing this, as it took forever and I had to not only make said dress, but I also had to put my old dress back together.

I felt kind of bad dropping $50 on this class, because I have buyers remorse on pretty much anything I buy for myself, so I can't blame them. But if we do indeed get to learn everything covered in lesson one's video, I think it will be money well spent. I just cannot wait until I take my measurements and get my supplies in (that's my homework...) so I can continue onto lesson 2. I can't help it. I like to learn!

Comments

Popular Posts