Goodwill Grab

Holy crap, did mom and I score at Goodwill or what?! Normally they have a crap ton of older sewing patterns, so I told the husband I would see if any suit my fancy to bring my pattern total to an even 100. Unfortunately, they only had about 8 patterns, only 3 of which I bought. And I had to dig to find them. They're normally all together in one place but I had to dig through bins of random stuff just to find one here, one there. But what I did find in said bins were 6 of these!!!!



They had at least 20 more of these! And the package lies; there are 6 zipper pulls in each package, not 3. I measures one of the rolls and it was around 3 yards and 6 inches, so I am one happy camper. I want to go back and get more, but I bought 6 of them and I had strict instructions from the husband not to bring anything home that does not fit in a shoe box (I have a goodwill problem). And half of them were $.99 and the other half were $1.99, but they all said the same measurements. So once I took them all out of their packages and put all the pulls in a separate baggy, I decided to take inventory of my pre-existing zippers:



I don't think I shall be needing any zippers any time soon, dontcha think? I also bought 2 packaged zippers at Goodwill for $.50 a piece (the red one and the tan one) plus some packaged elastic.



And I bought a pretty nightie from Victoria's Secret that has birds all over it! It was stuck in with some dresses we were looking at. And the cherry on top are these shoes!



I have been wanting to get a pair of nude heels that are kind of well loved so I can take some lace and attach it to them and make some fancy ass shoes. Now, that time has come. I do like these shoes a lot, even though I'm not a big pink fan. They fit extremely well for Goodwill shoes. Normally I find a pair that is a tiny bit too big and I have to stick something in there, like these heel thingies, to take up some of the extra space. But these fit very well. The only issue with them are the little marks on them. They are leather, so there isn't really any way I know of to fix these little marks. The husband might know something, but if not, lace here we come!

Tonight was the first night of my first ever sewing class. It was very informative and now I have homework to do. Onwards and upwards! :-D

Comments

Popular Posts