UFOs... dun Dun DUN!!

I hate UFOs. I hate them with a passion that burns brighter than the white hot intensity of a thousand dying suns. I didn't make that up. I saw it on The Fairly Odd Parents. Anywho, if I hate them so much, why am I constantly surrounded by them? I DON'T KNOW! ((sob))



I think I might have ADD, honestly. It takes so much for me to focus and finish some project. And when I see something, anything that breaks my concentration, it's over. Say for instance I am working on a top, like I currently am. I began it months ago and got side tracked with a big christmas project for my mother in law. So I finally finish that project and go back to this top. However, I notice that my sewing space is a little cluttered and so I spend a day cleaning and organizing my patterns into a database on my phone. Whilst cleaning, I discover a bit of fabric tucked into a corner of a drawer so I pull it out, only to discover that it was an unfinished skirt! So now, in the midst of trying to work on my shirt, I am also working on the Lost Skirt. I did a little work on it (tried to add an elastic band to the waist, of which I now hate and have to take back off) and I have to go back and work some more on the shirt.

However, I just read about this sewing contest called Gertie's Grand Giveaway. So I got off work last night and went straight home to pull out my 3 patterns by Gertie so I could decide on which to make. I already made one of the patterns, a coat for my momma. That leaves me with 2 others to choose from. So now I have kind of lost interest in the shirt and skirt I was working on to make a pattern for a contest that ends on January 31st. See?? I cannot focus! Maybe it is because I have such a small space to work in. My husband has been nice enough to help give me as much room as we can spare, but we do live in a tiny place. Hopefully we can move soon and I will have a proper sewing room. I do believe that if I had enough room to space all of my stuff out, I would be more productive.

Did I mention that I also purchased some new, exciting thread and I want to use it RIGHT NOW! I now am the proud owner of some elastic thread, some glow in the dark thread and some color changing thread! How can I concentrate on anything else?!?

You see what I mean?? ((sigh))

But last night I did take the elastic waist off that skirt, so its progress. I am going to try my damnest to finish either that top or that skirt before starting on the Gertie's Grand Giveaway.

Comments

Popular Posts