Jazzing Up a Plain Shirt

A few months back, I made this shirt. I absolutely love it! It fits so well, has an exposed zipper and is the most lovely shade of blue. However, I felt that the neckline was missing something. I had some jewels that I was debating on gluing to the neck, but I was also thinking about ironing on some flower patches. I have a big jar full of buttons, so I peeked in there but didn't find anything that really jumped out at me. So this past weekend I opened My Even More Wonderful World of Fashion book for some neckline inspiration. They had a ton of great ideas! I bookmarked pages and kept flipping through. Then, I found it... a page with different types of collars and their appropriate names! I thought back to my Cat Button shirt and how much I liked that collar! I dug the Simplicity 1693 pattern out and grabbed the collar piece. I took some spare white lace that I had laying around and cut out the collar and sewed it on. What do you think?!



A little change made a big difference. I'm going to look through my closet for some more things I can tweak to make them more my own!

Comments

Popular Posts