The 'Not Prom' Prom Dress

Today's review is the the McCall's pattern 6833.


It is listed under the 'evening/prom' category, but I am not making a fancy dinner dress. I had 2 yards of this wonderfully lovely yellow with red asian looking flowers print, and the pattern for dress C called for 2 yards! This dress was very simple. I was actually surprised how simple it was. I did not line my dress since it was just going to be a spring dress, not a prom dress. That might be why it was so easy. Anywho, The directions were simple, as I said. I pleated the skirt pieces and made the top of the dress and then I sewed them together.


(It's missing something...)

That is where the dress began to really take shape. The pattern called for a lace trim on the neckline, but I did not have any lace trim. I did, however, have a deconstructed brown lace shirt.



I took the sleeve pattern from Simplicity 2364 and cut out lace sleeves. Then I took a long swatch from the shirt and made my neckline. I sewed it on just like I remembered from the McCalls 6658 pattern. Et Voila! What do you think?!



I wore this to work today and it was absolutely comfortable and adorable! I very much would like to make another one!!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts