Egyptian Hieroglyphics Dress

Today's pattern review is for the McCall 6836 dress pattern.



I really liked the look of this dress, although I wanted it to be more colorful than the gray one pictured. I bought this slightly stretchy dark green remnant a few months ago, and I knew I wanted to pair it with this amazing fabric that I bought on sale.


This reminds me of hieroglyphics!!

I love this fabric so much, so I wanted to make something special out of it. These fabrics have been on my sewing table for months, just sitting together. So, when I had finished my 'Not Prom' Prom Dress and I was digging through the stack-o-patterns in my drawer, I came across this one and instantly thought about my fabric pairing. I began to cut and realized that I had just enough of the green remnant for the dress itself, but I had plenty of the contrasting see-through fabric to go around. Thus, I began!

I cut out all my pieces, but just like my 'Not Prom' Prom Dress, I skipped the lining. I thought the green fabric itself felt pretty nice. So I constructed the dress as per the instructions, minus the lining, of course. I had toyed with the idea of adding the halter part, but I thought it might make the dress look a little too fancy to me. Mainly because of the shape of it, not so much the fabric itself; it's not sparkly or anything. So, as per the suggestions inside to 'remove the halter overlay and sew this garment in a perky print for a fun sundress' I did just that! What do you think?



The top is just slightly too big, so I might go back and add the halter overlay to help hold the top up. Or I was also thinking about possibly adding straps. But for now, it shall stay as it is. :)

Comments

Popular Posts