Yay, Technology!

I am a firm believer in the fact that technology is alive. Pourquoi? Because I have a confession to make. I already know that my husband bought me my dream sewing machine for Christmas. I had lost my seam ripper and was very frustrated when lo and behold my new machine arrived! In the box, along with a cornucopia of different accessories, was a seam ripper! We opened that puppy up and grabbed the seam ripper out of the box. I didn't even technically see the new machine, as it was surrounded by styrofoam. My current machine, however, saw that new machine... and she saw it as an immediate threat and decided to mess with me.

Scene: my sewing room. Night. I was putting the finishing touches on my secret Santa gift when the machine began flipping out and making a giant mess. There was a strange clicking sound all of a sudden. The thread was in a big bunch under the scarf. I was beginning to wish I had gotten the new machine out, but I have vowed to keep that sucker in the box until Christmas. That is one of two presents my husband bought me, and the second will have to be used once it arrives this weekend. It's a phone. Nothing fancy. It's a pay as you go phone. But since my phone decided to restart at the touch of a button, and I mean any button, I was forced to buy one. I have been agitated with paying my cell bill because $100 is too much for a damn phone bill. I mean, I could get on the internet whenever I wanted with my old phone, but I literally sit in front of a computer all damn day... then I come home and there is a computer there, too. I don't really need it on my phone. To be fair, this new phone will have the internet, but the bill will be literally half. It's a pretty good deal through AT&T. Unlimited everything for $50 a month. And my new phone is cheap as shit, so I'm very excited to get it.

For those who don't know me, which should be almost all of you, music is extremely important to me. I was raised by an amazingly musical set of parents who encouraged us to be as musical as possible. If we didn't sing in choir or play an instrument it was rare. And they also taught us to appreciate all kinds of music, so my phone is filled with a little of everything! So to not be able to listen to a veritable potpourri of music on my way to and from work is killing me. It is the fuel that gets me there without me turning the truck around and going back home. If I am distracted by a diverse playlist of songs, I don't think about anything. Plus, I worry a lot, and not having a phone for people to reach me makes me anxious. So once that arrives, we will not put it under the tree. We will put it in my pocket. Hence the reason I am hesitant about using my new machine; if I open it now I won't have anything at all to open on Christmas Day. But the way my current machine is acting, I might have to break out the new one to finish my Christmas presents. I can't afford for it to mess up on some types of fabric. Luckily the scarf is a nice strong cotton, and nothing flimsy. But still, I'd rather spend all my time finish up my presents and not picking the giant wad of thread out if the machine decides to seek revenge again...

Comments

Popular Posts