Black Saturday

Well, not quite. It's actually the day after Black Friday, but there isn't really a color for it, that I know of. So it shall be forever known as Black Saturday. Yesterday was an absolutely crazy day! I am not into black Friday shopping, as I worked retail for years and black Friday was the one day you would dread besides inventory night. Plus, I never saw a deal that made me want to brace a possible crowd for. I'm not into crowds, either. Unless it's a concert, and than I'm all for it! So this year we had black Friday off. Last year we could come into work if we wanted to, but we were slower than molasses running uphill in January. So we decided to be closed this year to give everyone a mini vacation before Christmas, since Christmas is on a freakin Wednesday this year.

Anywho, I checked Hancock's Black Friday sale, and it wasn't anything too impressive to me. Their Saturday after sale, however, was something to take note of. The main reason I was even looking at their ad was for their patterns, since I have plenty of fabric to work with already. I went a hunting and saw that their Simplicity patterns will be $.99 again. They were $.99 a couple of weeks ago, and I bought 7 or 8 then. I have a list now of more patterns that I want, thanks to my momma sending me this awesome site. So, away to Hancock's I went! They opened at 7 and I was planning on leaving the house around 6:30. It usually only takes me 5 or 6 minutes to get there, but I was worried about the traffic and lack of parking at the mall, as Hancock is in the mall parking lot. I was running a bit late, so I got there shortly after 7... and there was no one anywhere! I grabbed my patterns (and a couple of remnants) and got outta there!



On to our next stop: my momma's house! I go there every Saturday to collect her trash and make a dump run. In the process, I usually hang with her and my youngest brother for a little while, sometimes going on an adventure. This Saturday, we had an adventure planned! Mom and I try to donate blood every couple of months, if our bodies will allow it. We usually have a bit of a low iron issue, but it's usually nothing a weeks worth of taking iron pills can't solve. I was a little under the weather on Friday, so I ended up not going. They always say if you don't feel well to wait. I have only had a fainting issue once, my first time giving blood. It was on the blood-mobile and when I went to step off, down I went! But I didn't let that stop me. People need blood. So I've gone quite a few times since then, only occasionally feeling faint enough for them to lay my top half down and prop my feet way up in the air. But it's still totally worth it. You don't have to pay a thing, and you even get a snack afterwards! Plus, it might help save someone's life. How could someone say no?! It only takes an hour, tops. In, out and donated. It makes me feel like I've accomplished something major, so I will be looking for their next donation times and we will try again.

We did, however, go to Goodwill, which was a blast as always! Mom got these bitchin boots and my brother got some pantalons. I got 2 pairs of shoes, myself. I also got these cute little garden gnome planters. My husband likes gnomes.



Stop 3: Lowes to get a Christmas tree! It's officially December today (rabbit rabbit)... the longer we have a tree, the more Christmas-y it feels. I have trouble getting into the Christmas spirit sometimes, as half of my brothers live on the west coast. But my husband is very helpful when it comes to cheering me up. For instance, our baby kitty, Peaches, tends to love tree water. We wrap the base of the tree stand in plastic underneath the tree skirt, so we can hear her when she's trying to be sneaky. I will get up to remove her from the tree water and notice something odd about the presents... there is an extra one or two with my name on it. WTF?! Some of the presents are from the cat, which is adorable. But little things like that help a ton. :)

The last stop of the day is home. So, after a long and busy day, I was finally home enjoying a hot toddy and relaxing after a big dinner before I inevitably fell asleep on the couch. haha. Today, I will attempt to make a Christmas present, since I have all these new patterns. Or we might spend all day watching Christmas movies while the husband makes brownies or cookies. Who knows!

Comments

Popular Posts