I Got a Dog Bite for Christmas...

I got a lot of awesome stuff for Christmas, as did my husband, but the one thing I did not want and wish I could return was the bite I got from a little yipper dog. I love dogs, I really do... but this dog is a monster. He's awful! That's saying a lot, because I very much adore dogs. I prefer big dogs, but I do love dogs in general. My husband constantly tells our cat that 'momma is a dog person' even thought I love cats, too. He mainly does that to get the cat on his side. It won't work. Girls stick together. :)

Anywho, after a wonderful morning spent with the husband and Peaches, we went to my moms where we both ate waaaay too much. We got a lot of awesome stuff from my mom and brothers. So we left mom's house and went back home to drop off our gifts, as the truck has a small cab and not a lot of room. We were full, we had stuff to play with... Neither of us wanted to go anywhere but home. But out we trekked to go to his mom's house, which is a little less than an hour away. We made it just as it was getting dark out.

His mom has a farm of sorts. She has a lot of donkeys and goats and the odd pig or horse here and there. As I was driving up, there was a small flock of guineafowl hanging out in the driveway. She said they are excellent for keeping ticks and fleas down. Anywho, the stupid birds would not move. I should have seen this as a sign to just back down that long ass driveway and head for home. I stopped and a couple of them moved a little out of the way, but they were beginning to come up on the husband's side. So I just turned the truck off right there and we got out. We got our gifts out and started walking towards the door. We were met by my aunt in law who opened the gate for us. That made me the first one at the front door. I opened it to a chorus of 4 little doggies barking like mad. I began to step over the threshold and the spawn of satan himself charged forward and bit me on the calf.

My husband was behind me and felt me jump back a little, but he didn't know why. I didn't say anything for a couple of hours. It wasn't a big deal. So when I was finally alone I went into the bathroom and decided to give it a look. It's nothing bad, but still. So I came out and told the husband quietly that I had been bitten by Hitler Jr. I did not want it to be a big deal, so that was all that was said about it until we got into the truck to leave. The husband got a kick out of it, naturally, because it was kind of funny. I told him that the little shit got me before I had even entered the damn house. I was so mad at that little piece of crap, but its not my dog. What could I have done? The worst thing that could have happened would be that they locked him into the bedroom like the grinch that he is. But hell, it was just a small bite. When we got home, I showed the husband and he was actually a bit shocked. It apparently was worse than he had thought it was going to be. It's still a small bite, so it's not a huge deal. It was just funny. Like, seriously Christmas...? Seriously...

I have never really been afraid of dogs... until I met that little turd from hell. The worst part is that he's a cute little shit. He's a mini long haired dachshund.

He was even wearing a fancy vest. He looked like a resplendent little Ivan the Terrible Dapper Dan.

I am not counting that bite as one of my presents, btw.

Comments

Popular Posts