Break In!

I love new shoes as much as the next girl... or guy. But sometimes they hurt... like a LOT. I recently took a trip to Goodwill in search of some nude pumps. I really Really REALLY want to try to add some lace or embellishments to a pair of nude pumps and make them my own! Unfortunately, I did not see a pair of nude heels that I liked, so I got 2 other pairs of shoes from Goodwill and wanted to wear them to work. One of the pairs had straps, or as I like to call them 'the-only-way-I-can-wear-a-decent-pair-of-heels-foot-holder-thingies.' The other pair was a little shorter of a heel and have no straps, and I attempted to wear them yesterday with much success! No hurt feet! The second pair I was a little more worried about as they were a higher heel. I'm stable in heels (neigh), so I wasn't worried about falling. I was more worried about the breaking in of the shoes. You can walk around a store all you want in a new pair before you buy them, but nothing compares to that first day. Even with Goodwill shoes, which I am wary about buying as I'm not sure what these shoes have gone through before coming to the donation bin. But for the most part, I assume they have been broken in. Even if they have been, they weren't broken in with my feet, so all bets are off.

Anywho, my usual solution to this problem is to wear a pair of socks the first few times I am breaking in a pair. That almost always means I am going to be wearing them with jeans to hide the socks. Sometimes, if I have on cute socks, I'll rock 'em sans jeans. However, I don't have many cute socks. Plus, I like the look of high heels with jeans, so breaking them in is no big deal. Throw on a cute top and you're dressy enough for work! Hence my outfit today! Voila!



The only issue with this pair of shoes is this little scuff mark on the left heel area...


It just seems as though someone scraped some of the glitter off, so I am going to try to re-glitter that spot at some point in the future. We don't have any fancy holiday parties to go to ever, so it's not as though I have a place to wear these to besides work. Other than that, these shoes are in b-e-a-utiful condition. The soles look as though they're never been worn and the straps are in perfect condition. And for $4.99, you just can't beat it!

Comments

Popular Posts