Don't Drink And Jacket

Here we go again. I have this remnant of a very strange feeling houndstooth. It's almost fleece like... But I'm not sure because the husband accidentally threw away the remnant slip that tells me the type of fabric and the amount. I know it was over a yard, but by how much is anyone's guess.



The jacket pictured here was made of a lacy type fabric, with a border of alightly darker lace/ribbon. I knew I wanted a retro looking fabric, and this houndstooth remnant was right up my alley. I barely had enough fabric. I ironed out the freshly washed remnant (thanks, hubby!) and I knew it was going to be close. I cut out the pattern and laid it on the fabric and began to cut. I have a very small amount of left overs... Maybe I will use them for accents on something. Who knows.

I sewed it all together, which was super easy. It was a very simple pattern; my favorite type! The only issue I had was with the sleeves. Well, only one sleeve. The first sleeve I did was the right sleeve, but I mistakenly sewed it on inside out... Let this be a lesson; don't drink and sew.



Oh who am I kidding. Drink and sew!! Who knows what you could make with a little of Evan Williams's inspiration! haha.

When I was ironing out the fabric, I glanced over to my notion drawer and pondered what I would use for the trim. I opened the drawer and instantly saw it... the perfect trim for this jacket!



It's a simple black ribbon with white stitching up and down the sides. It went beautifully with my black and white motif. So I sewed on the fake pockets and added the ribbon onto the border on the front of the jacket. I showed the husband and he suggested that I add it to the bottom of the sleeves, too. I did and I loved it!



I was going to add it to the bottom border, too, but I ran out of ribbon...


But that's ok. I like it a lot as it is. I am wearing it out today for my haircut with Sammi. I'm so excited. I'm going to do bangs again. Its been a while since bangs and I were together. But its also been a while since I got a haircut. A year, to be exact. The last time I got my hair cut was at last year's Breast Cancer Awareness Cut-A-Thon at Ulta. I like to think I take pretty good care of my hair. I guess we'll see what the lady says whilst cutting. I absolutely hate it when they say "Oh my god! Who cut your hair last?!?" Especially if I am the last one who cut it. Ego boost, anyone?

Comments

Popular Posts