Stash Additions

Woah guys, pictures online can be deceiving. And that is your PSA for the day. haha. So I went to pick up my auction winnings last night and was pleasantly surprised. Last time, I thought I paid too much for the auctions I won, but this time was the complete opposite. I paid the nice lady and her helper went to grab my items while I chatted with a nice old man. The helper had to make 2 trips because while the pictures online looked like small shoe box sized plastic containers, they were quite a bit larger.



I won a whole box of fabric for $2 and another for $6. Seriously, does no one else want fabric?? One of the tubs had some lovely fabric that I thought had broccoli on it based on the online pic. It turns out, upon closer inspection to be a tree with a man and woman underneath. I'm still going to think of it as broccoli.



Inside the other tub was a different story. It had fabric, but it also contained a bag with a baby on it. Intrigued, I opened the bag. I guess the bag was just to hold the items inside, because nothing inside was baby related. What was in the bag was a lovely silky flower fabric, a complimentary light green thicker fabric, 2 matching green zippers and 2 brand new rolls of matching green thread. What was she going to make?? Looking at it, I can picture a lovely dress. But why 2 zippers? Was this for 2 grandkids perhaps? Thanks to her already being prepared with matching thread and zippers, I can make a tribute item (as I said, I'm seeing a dress) and it will be completely of her things.



The item I paid the most for was an actual small shoe box sized plastic container of supplies for $12. In the picture, you see a sizable roll of stabilizer and some zippers. I figured that the stabilizer alone was worth $12, but when I got that container home and gave it a look through, it holds no less than 25 zippers, a unopened roll of stabilizer, a roll of replacement plastic for a food vacuum sealer (which we just bought at an estate sale 2 weeks ago!), a small pair of scissors, a 45mm rotary cutter (mine is a 60mm) and other random tid bits.



The zippers were a huge surprise. Not only did I have a plethora of zippers before this, but now I am over run with them! I told the husband that his task is to find a good way to store/display/organize them for me. haha.

Comments

Popular Posts