Ice, Ice Baby

Ok, sorry... that was kind of corny. We received ice instead of snow (thanks TN) so I did not go to work Monday or Tuesday of last week. Honestly, I am kind of glad. I feel like I have fallen behind on my sewing class and it has to be done by sometime in early March. This past week, I did some rogue sewing when I should have been working on my class, but it was for a good cause. Plus, I missed just sitting down to sew instead of watching videos for my class. I am itching to sew some more, but I had to work on my muslin copies of my slopers, so the fun sewing will have to wait. However, with an extra 2 days to sew, I got a ton done! And the class is going well, but I do wish I could work on my Buttercup Festival dress (coming soon). My husband bought me the New Super Mario World 3D, in which you can play as a cat!! Holy crap its cute! So we have been playing that a little bit which can take a while because we are kind of video game perfectionists. We have to get all the stars/coins/secret levels or else. haha.

So, here is what I have been working on for class.



My muslin bodice was fitting decently, but it ended at my natural waist. I tend to like a top that skims the hip, so I had to add a few inches to the overall length and move some darts around a bit. And of course they say your sloper shouldn't have seam allowances (I keep forgetting to put some on mine) so I ended up making 2 muslin bodices that were an exact fit, but with no breathing room. Go me, go! I had to add some panels and re-trace and finally got a muslin that fit well. I also cut out the sleeves, but I ran out of muslin before I got to my pants sloper. I actually had enough for the front of my pants, but not for the back, so I got online and ordered some more. Who knows when I will actually see it with this icy weather, but its better than trying to go out in this crap to buy it.

On a slightly cool note, I found out about a new sewing magazine from Tilly And The Buttons and I have an issue on the way! It is called Simply Sewing and it looks like it will be right up my alley. You can get the first 3 of 13 issues for only $10 and then 3 quarterly payments of $27.49. If you do the math, its only $7.11 an issue. That's not bad! I'll check out my first 3 and see if its something I would like to continue receiving. I am very excited!! :-D

Comments

Popular Posts