Simplicity 1716 Review

Today's review is for the Simplicity 1716 pattern.


I have made 2 things from this pattern and I love them both! The first thing I liked about this pattern was the cowl neckline. I absolutely detest most things on my neck. I mean, I love a good necklace, but a turtleneck is out. I began with the short sleeved one, version E. In my immaturity at sewing, I failed to notice what type of fabric I should be using. This was a very early project of mine, and also one of the pieces I wear a lot, despite the lack of appropriate fabric. I used a stretch poplin for this shirt, and it turned out ok. It's a little tighter than I was going for, but not uncomfortable at all. Just close fitting. I added a bit of lace and a bow to the neckline to give it something so it wasn't just a plain white t-shirt. I also ended up taking off the sleeves because of the look on the husband's face when I walked out with it on. They looked so stiff, so I picked them off. I would like to make this top again with a more relaxed fabric with sleeves. I'm not a huge fan of the twisted versions of this pattern, so it might be a while before I try one of those.

The second time I used this pattern, I went for the D dress pattern. This time I used a very loose knit and I think it came out very well!


I would like to make top F soon, as this winter does not seem to be letting up in the slightest. Thanks, Phil.

Look at the smug look on his face!

Comments

Popular Posts