Second Skin Cardigan

I have to send a big shout out to Goodwill. I have found so many things there, both clothes and home goods. Just this past weekend, my mother and I went to go dress shopping, and I found 6 new sewing patterns and the most adorable pair of pink shoes. I have never owned pink shoes until the Goodwill trip. I'm not that big into pink. But these just seemed so sweet and romantic to me. Plus, spring is coming up! I have a lot of outfits that can benefit from a pretty pair of pink pumps. Yay, alliteration!



Anywho, I wear the hell out of this cardigan that I bought at Goodwill sometime in 2013. I literally wear it all the time, so I thought I would make myself one so I won't wear this one out so badly. It looks fragile and the tag looks ancient, so the more I take care of it, the better.

So this past weekend I went to Hancock Fabrics for a pattern sale and I picked up this baby:


I've never used a McCall's pattern before, so I'm excited to see how it goes. I really had no intention of buying anything, but I perused the sales flyer and saw a McCall's 5 for $7 sale. I got on McCall's website and started to look through their patterns to see if anything was worth the trip out in the cold. I stumbled onto this pattern and almost had a heart attack. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A DECENT CARDIGAN PATTERN FOR MONTHS!!! Granted, I haven't actually looked that hard for one, but still! I was a Simplicity snob for a while, because, well hell, they're patterns are so damn cute and simple. But lately I have been venturing out to find patterns of all shapes, sizes and brands. So when I saw this one, I knew I'd have to have it. I really didn't find anything in Simplicity's vast collection that I liked enough in the button down sweater department. I also found this one, which is more like a grandpa sweater, which I also love.

I will definitely be making one of those, too.

I also found these guys...


I am super excited to try these leggings, too! I actually had a decent sized remnant that I had saved for months, because it was the perfect shade of burgundy. I thought would be enough for these leggings, but upon measuring, it was not big enough. Boo...

I guess this means I will have to start on the McCall's and Butterick review pages since I am now delving into all sorts of pattern brands!

I digress. So, I very much want to make another cardigan that I can wear the hell out of for spring, which is fast approaching! My mind thinks its march, so I am ready to buy seeds! Technically, I should be starting some seeds indoors right now, but I'm not 100% on what I'm going to plant this year. I will have 2 batches of asparagus coming up this year, so that takes up 25% of my garden space, grape or cherry tomatoes will take up another 25-50% of the garden, so the other 25% is up for grabs! I believe a trip to Lowes is in order!

Comments

Popular Posts