The Batty Bat Dress

Remember the good ol days of Sesame Street? You know, before it was all Elmo? I haven't watched any in a long time, but I remember all the classics, such as Super Grover, Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch. And who can forget... The Count?



I loved The Count. He's hysterical! Plus he has the whole dark side going on. Our family always has kind of liked the darker side of things. Halloween is the best holiday of the year, and we grew up with a lot of heavy metal. Friday the 13th is usually a good day, and black cats are just as sweet as any others. Crows are cool, too, and we tend to rock a lot of black. So when I saw this fabric at a major clearance sale at Hancock Fabrics, I jumped on it like a kid on a trampoline.



I didn't have any clue as to what I was going to do with it when I bought it, but I just knew I needed to have it in my life. That same day, there were a lot of other fabrics that I needed in my life in my shopping cart, but I digress. So, I decided to try a little something like this lovely little dress from Modcloth:


This dress is called 'Started From the Bobbin Dress' and the description is adorable! "Nothing was the same after you found your love of fabrics." Amen, Modcloth... amen. Anywho, this is something like I had in mind for my batty fabric. I wanted it to be more of a full skirt, though, so I kept looking. I had originally wanted a Simplicity pattern, but upon washing the bat fabric, I discovered that it was slightly see-through. As it just so happens, during my last trip to Hancocks, they gave me an actual flier. On the cover of the flier was this picture, and ever since I saw it, I have wanted my bat dress to be it.


I have a white or black base fabric ready, but I can't decide on which I will use just yet. Plus, Hancocks is running a sale on these patterns in a week, so I can't actually work on this dress until I get said pattern. So I will have to start something else in the meantime.

Comments

Popular Posts