Pattern Envy

McCalls is having a pattern sale that ends today. I stumbled across it whilst looking at the Hancock Fabric sales flier. I was looking to see what patterns would be on sale within the next couple of weeks and I noticed that Butterick patterns would be $1.99. To my dismay, Hancock did not list their Butterick patterns on their website, so I decided to go straight to the source to see which ones I liked. Then, according to my plan, I would go to Hancock and find said patterns when they were on sale. But the first thing I noticed when I went to Butterick's website was the banner that said '4 day $2.99 sale.' Wha wha what?! Ok, ok... this throws a wrench into my not very well thought out plan.

Upon clicking on said banner, I was whisked away to a magical sale land. The very first thing I saw was a lovely red dress that was labeled "Patterns by Gertie." Wha wha what again?!? I have been reading Gertie's New Blog For Better Sewing for the last couple of months. Could this be the same Gertie?! I knew she had patterns somewhere, along with a book or two. So I decided to head on over to her blog to see what's up. I shit you not, the first thing I saw was the newest post, which was about her new Butterick patterns!! Voila! And the sale was only slightly more expensive than Hancock's sale, so I decided to jump on it. I ended up only buying 3 patterns, as I am unsure as to how their patterns will fit me. I am almost always a 12 in Simplicity, so I kind of went with that for the Butterick patterns.

#1. This dress.
Isn't she cute! I had looked at a similar New Look pattern and it has been on my wish list for quite some time, but my local Hancock Fabrics store didn't have it. I was crushed, cause New Look is usually a cheap pattern line. But when I saw this one for $2.99, I decided to get it. Very retro and adorable. I have no unearthly idea where I will wear it, but I'll have it ready for that one occasion, whatever it might be.

#2. This lingerie set
How cute is this set?! I have been wanting to make my own panties undies underwear for a while now and this seems like a decent place to start. Let me just add that I despise 99% of the words used for describing what most people wear under their clothes. >End side note. But I also love the little camisole and slip that is included in this pattern. I would love to make something nice to sleep in. I usually sleep in a t-shirt and shorts, but it would be cool if I made some cute matching set.

#3. This coat!!
I have enough coats thanks to both my mom and my mother in law. I have a lovely dark blue peacoat that I have had for years (thanks momma!) and a regular coat (thanks mom in law) that I wear when it's going to rain and I don't want to get my peacoat wet. Or I wear it when I'll be doing something that might be slightly messy, like going to the dump. It's a lot easier to clean than my peacoat. But this coat pattern is adorable! How could I say no?! It has a lovely cape like collar and it's nice and long. It's also lined, which I have not done yet. And it has pockets, as every great coat should. Plus I have a covered button kit that is screaming this coat's name!

So that is my purchased swag... As soon as it comes in, I will naturally want to dive right in, but I still have some things in my chair to complete. The good thing is that I have time to pick out fabrics from my stash and have things prepped and ready to go!

Comments

Popular Posts