Spring Bra and Panties Set

This is yet another version of Simplicity 8229 which has become my. favorite. bra. pattern. periodt.


I used the same Fold Over Elastic for the bottom band and also for the finishing of the top of the cups and underarm seam. That color was the husband's idea. I was going to go with white, but I think this looks so much better in coral-y pink. I was wanting a bra for spring and this delivers.


I just love when the insides match, or at least look decent. lol. This is my second padded bra and I am in looooove. I had to line the inside and outside with white power mesh because the only foam padding I have is nude colored, but it worked just fine! They do come in other colors and I might have to get some in bright red for my next bra which is going to be red to match this amazing red lace I have been hoarding for a while now. haha


I am not happy with the straps, both the sliders and the elastic, but I am trying to make do with what I have without ordering anything new, so yeah. I do, however, have new strap elastic on the way so I will change it out when it gets here. This elastic is just too light weight to be straps. Its only FOE, but that's all I had. Mend and make do.


I also put some rigilene boning in the side seams to give it a little extra support because that bottom band is usually a stronger elastic instead of the FOE that I used. The underwires came from a scavenged thrift shop bra because I used the only good pair I had in my black lace bra. I am never sure with thrifted bra underwires because I pick the worst looking 36C bras to harvest from and sometimes the wires look smaller or larger than I think they should be, but for $.50 you take the chance.

This time, I used a yard of orange and gray lace from Surge Fabric Shop that I bought last November. It was in my first order from Surge. I dunno what made me buy it, but I am so glad I did. Since it is only 6" wide, I wasn't able to do the full cups in lace, but that's ok because I had seen so many lovely bras lately with different designs on them, so I took some of the scraps that I had left over and sewed them together to make a little trim piece for each cup. It was totally eyeballed, so don't look too closely. haha. I did the same for this matching pair of panties, from Simplicity 8711.


Not too bad of a look. Next time I won't have the lace all the way down to the crotch because you can't see it very well when they're on. But its still cute. Next time I will probably get 2 yards so I can have enough for the whole bra and then some on the matching panties, too.


I know the pics of the set on the mannequin aren't great because I don't have one of those bottom only dummies. I need to get me one of those. But you get the gist of it. Its my first matching set! Woop!


***I don't know what made me think of this, but I thought I should add a disclaimer at the bottom of my posts, so here goes.

Nothing has been sponsored. I bought everything myself and no one has sent me anything for free, although I wouldn't refuse if anyone should want to. Hint, hint everyone. haha. ;-)

Comments

Popular Posts