WIP Progress

My poor chair had become the unlucky recipient of anything that I was stuck on, sewing wise. I would just drape them over the back and vow to come back to them. But then my ADHD-ness would make me focus on something else and the chair pile would get bigger. Aaaand stay that way. I'm not proud. So recently I went through the items on the chair and decided to fix whatever was wrong at the time. Most of them were silly things, like needing to iron the item. Really, its things that should have been done at the time, but for whatever reason I didn't finish them. Anywho, on to the WIPs...

This little number was from a dress pattern that I thought was cute (McCalls 6012) but I only had enough of this lovely flowery fabric for a blouse, so I decided to make this with a striped lining since the flowery fabric was so sheer. This only needed to be pressed and hemmed. Boom! Done.




That button, tho. Love!!


The inside lining. Striiiiiipes.

This little number was a dress that I made in the spring of 2018 and just never got into it super bad, so it just sat, needing a press for a year. A YEAR. For the love of Pete what is wrong with me?!?! I'm not a giant fan of shapeless shift dresses, tho. I don't like a dress or blouse that I have to put a belt on or it will look like a sack. Just not a fan. But since I have gotten more into the vintage-y/pin-up lifestyle, I took a second look at this dress and pictured it as a cover up for a trip to the pool (like we ever go to a pool) or just a cute sundress. I can see myself wearing it with a sun hat and some sandals. And my cat-eye sunglasses, of course. :-D



I know it still looks a little wrinkled, but that seersucker fabric just has that look. Plus with the gathering at the neckline, it makes it almost impossible to iron there and not make it look like a mess. I have more of this fabric in some fall oranges so I might make something else with it come fall time. Mom gave me both of the seersucker fabrics.





Pleat-y... And bias piping... Ooooooh.

This blouse I made last fall when my husband had some friends over and I wanted something to take up a whole evening of sewing, so I made this and another blouse of the same pattern and different fabric. This one is a bell sleeved, rounded neck top with pleats. Its a little short for my normal taste, but it does look pretty cute with jeans and I want to make a high waist skirt for my shorter shirts so I won't have to mess with them all day. This just needed a press and hem.

So these were just a few of the things I needed to fix/finish from the chair. I have a few more that I will fix/finish soon to add to my new(ish) spring wardrobe. haha.

Comments

Popular Posts