Sweater Comb Second Use

So the last time I went to Hancocks was for their big labor day sale, where all notions were half off. I do not like venturing out much, so I usually make some sort of wishlist ahead of time and take it with me to minimize overspending and get in and out quickly. On this list was some serger thread and a cone thread holder thingy that lets you use serger cone thread on a standard machine. My husband looked at said cone holder and thought he could make one better and cheaper, so that post will be coming shortly. He did an amazing job, by the way, as usual. :D

Anywho, I got some white serger thread and some rainbow cone thread and so far I love the rainbow! I haven't actually used it on anything but a scrap piece of fabric, but the results are awesome! But the real reason for this post was the sweater comb I bought. I do not have an issue with clothes being pilled much, but good lord my sheets pill like it is going out of style!

(not my actual sheets...)

We will buy what we assume is a nice set of sheets only to find that they pill within a month. For some reason, that drives me insane! I cannot sleep if my arms or legs are touching the pilling. I feel like I am normally a tough lady who doesn't let stupid shit like that bother me, but when I try to sleep on pilled sheets, I suddenly turn into the princess and the freakin pea. So I bought this comb assuming that even if it did not help, it was only a couple of bucks wasted.

However, this thing is amazing!!! It is most definitely the best, most useful thing I have bought in a long time. When you open it, it looks like someone took some rusty fencing and attached it to this swirly little handle. But a quick read of the instructions and a swipe or two and I was hooked! You hold the fabric taught and swipe the rusty fencing at an angle against the pilling and it just comes off! What pilling was not trapped on the comb itself was loose enough to brush off with my hand. This thing rocks! And besides being kept awake by Big Moo in her cone of shame, the rest of my 'sleep' is pretty nice.

'Mommie... Daddie... why?'

Comments

Popular Posts