E.L.F. Switch

So I know this is mainly a blog about sewing, but I have recently made a change and would like to share it. For the longest time I was not quite aware about how much makeup I used on a daily basis was from companies that still test on animals.


I'm not some 'I don't eat gluten or meat or trans fats' type of person, but it kind of baffles me in this day and age that we still have makeup companies testing on animals. It is just weird to me... are there no willing females to try the latest Lancome eyeshadow or Revlon lipstick? Must they still test on animals? Haven't we kind of figured makeup out by now? I guess not...

In my new found awareness for cruelty free products, I discovered E.L.F. I had heard of them before, but thought that something that cheap (seriously, it's redonk cheap stuff!) couldn't possibly be that good. So I went on their website and ordered a few things and would like to share my opinion on said items...

The first thing I bought was their Essential Beauty School Eyeshadow Book in 'bronzed' which unfortunately is no longer available. See below:


It was $5 and let me tell you right now that it is completely worth it! First off, it comes with 6 eye shadow colors which you can wear alone or use their handy night/day chart on the inside of the cover (it comes in a package like a book) to coordinate your eye shadows. Along with that, it comes with an applicator for said eye shadows and an eye shadow primer which has made the colors stay put nicely all day. I am loving this book!

Secondly, I bought this Studio Hydrating Under Eye Primer because I worry about wrinkles. Not a ton. I mean, I do worry but I don't let it consume my every thought. I just want to jump on it before I get too bad. Anywho, see below:


This stuff was a whopping $3 and so far it seems to be doing well. I don't see a giant difference, but it is just day 1. I will see how it does after a week or so. According to the box it came in, you are supposed to pat it on under your eyes and then follow your normal beauty routine. On the website it says to pat in along with your normal under eye concealer. I don't really have an under eye concealer, so that might impede my results. I got a free sample of this Diamond BB cream from skin79 and love it, but it is not a concealer. I use it like one, though. Moving on!

Item number 3 was this Translucent Mattifying Powder for $3.


I used it as a finishing powder, as it suggests, and so far so good. I don't normally use any finishing powder. I just throw that diamond crap on and move along, but it is kind of shiny, so I wanted something I could use with it to help de-shine my face. And really, I only use this stuff on my nose and chin and under my eyes. I'm sure there is a better product out there for what I use that BB cream for, but I'm lazy and just use what I have in hand. I think I need an actual concealer for what I use this BB cream for. I might hit up Target for some E.L.F. concealer. I kind of want to buy that in person so I can better match my skin.

Anywho, next up are the 2 lip products I got. First one was Studio Moisturizing Lipstick in Coral Cutie for $3 and I very much like it so far. Good color and feels good on. I have been wearing it all morning today and so far so good! The second lip product is the Studio Lip Stain in Lucky Lady. I love the color which looks kind of nude without washing me out. It looked like a coral on the website, but I like how it turned out. It is kind of matte looking before I put the gloss on, which I like. I wore this around the house last night without the gloss and loved it. I put this on after lunch today and used the gloss and I like it even more.


Then we move on to the last 2 things I bought: the eye liners. First up is the Mineral Eye Liner in Coffee, which is a twist up liner, for $3. I usually wear a brown stick liner most days, so I used this with my new eye shadows. It looks like it has faded just a tad, but I can still see it on. It might be better on days where I don't wear eye shadow. Most days I just wear liner and mascara. The second eye liner I got was the Essential Liquid Eyeliner in Plum for $.80. I have not had a decent liquid liner since spring, as I tend to go back to stick in the summer. But seeing as how fall is finally upon us, I thought I would get another liquid liner. I will have to try this tomorrow and let you know.




All of this was $20.80 shipped... That is redonk cheap! And so far so good... I have no major complaints. In fact, I have a wish list of some other things that I want to look for on my next trip to Target like this! And this!! I am one happy camper! :-D

Comments

Popular Posts