Its Too Freakin Hot For This

Our a/c went out... I am not happy about this. The cats are not happy about this. Neither is the husband. It went out on Wednesday night and the repair man looked and said said he could possibly come back out on Thursday night or Friday morning to fix it. Then he called last night at 9 and said he would be out first thing on Friday morning. We were rooting for Thursday night because we were supposed to go hang gliding on Friday morning in Chattanooga. We bought a groupon for hang gliding and went last year, but I was in the air for a total of 3 minutes before we detached from the plane (they tow you up with a plane) and floated back to the ground. It was very windy. So they gave us a 'wind check' and we have been trying to go back ever since. Maybe something is telling us not to go.

Anywho, that is postponed yet again, so I thought I might do some sewing on my Friday off. I have been working on a dress, but since we have no a/c, I don't feel like moving much when I get home. We have 1 fan in a window to pump cool evening and morning air in, but once it gets too hot the windows must close. So the dress won't be touched until tomorrow after the repair man gives us back our air. But until then I can at least show/tell a little about it. First off, this is from Simplicity pattern 2588, which is one of their Project Runway patterns.



I chose to make the yellow version of this dress, but there are a ton of ways to make it. Anywho, I was digging through my fabrics for a suitable material to make a shirt for Big Moo (more on that later) when I came across this lovely dark purple stripey fabric. Its a little on the thick side, so it will be a staple for fall and winter, but not just yet. Anywho, I didn't want to make yet another skirt, so I went full on dress-mode. Unfortunately I did not have quite enough for a full dress, so I chose to make this dress with a white bodice and the purple striped skirt. The purple kind of looks like this...



I would show an actual pic of the fabric but, like our traitorous a/c, our internet is also down at home. I also have pics of Big Moo in a shirt, but those too are awaiting the return of our internet. The reason I made her 2 shirts was because she licks her belly to no end, causing sores to show up. The husband thought if we covered it, she wouldn't lick it. While that proved to be true, it was mainly due to the fact that she was spending all of her energy on trying to remove said clothing. We have a cone for her, but it makes me sad to see her bumping into things. She's a nervous licker. ((sigh)) And somehow she is now mommie's cat. I don't know when this occurred, but now she sleeps next to mommie, she lays on mommie's shoes, etc. So this has been an eventful week. Hopefully I will get that dress done soon and have some pics to show. Hurry up, fall!! :D

Comments

Popular Posts