Sunshine Curtain Dress

For the past few weeks or so, my mom has been sending me pictures of the most drop-dead gorgeous vintage dresses, and for a time most of them were yellow. I am not a giant fan of yellow, but good gawd these were so freakin pretty. So I gave in and made a yellow dress.





I have made this dress once before and I liked it a lot, but I have only worn it once. Its a tad fancy for the everyday. Anywho, I came back across it whilst searching through my pattern database for the perfect dress for this lovely yellow fabric I had been sitting on for a hot second. Its kind of thick, like a home decor fabric, but honestly I am not sure what it is.



This dress is super easy to make and I had forgotten about the cool vertical darts at the waist.


Nifty dart placement!

On this version, I omitted the collar part and went with just the regular neckline and no sleeves because I wanted it to be something I could wear everyday to work if I wanted to without feeling snooty. haha. I don't know why that matters since I work from home, but still. Anyways, this was the first time I used the same fabric for the pockets which was interesting. I usually just make them in white because no one sees them anyways. And I totally didn't sew them on wrong the first time. ((cough... cough)) O.o

I made a lapped zipper with a white zip and finished all the inside seams with the serger to make it look all professional-ish. I kept the hem pretty small because I really like the tea-length-ness (is that even a word?) and I kept the facings in the same fabric, as well.










So overall, I love this dress! I very much want to make another one soon because obvi I don't have enough dresses. I have also been participating in the #BRAugust challenge on Instagram. Its not really a challenge... I'm not sure what to call it, really. But there are themes for each day and you tag certain bra suppliers/makers/designers and they have giveaways each day, which is cool. I love looking through and seeing what all the ladies have been posting. There are such talented bra/lingerie makers out there! So yeah, that's about it for now. More dresses to come soon ...cause I need them. Don't judge.

Comments

Popular Posts