Classic 'Work Function' Top

So I do work from home, but occasionally we have meetings and things that I have to go to, so I decided to make a nice top for the next work meeting. I really wanted something basic so I could wear a brooch and/or necklace with, so I dug through my patterns (digitally) and found this:



I have wanted to make the since I saw it, sans stripes, because I love the neckline. It just looks classy to me. The only problem I had before I began was that I didn't have enough of a knit fabric to make this... except in basic black. I've been holding onto this plain black knit just in case I ever wanted to make a cloak. I know, nerd alert, but this was just the perfect long semi heavy fabric that just screamed 'cloak' to me. Not sure if or when I would ever need a cloak, but it was there just in case. So my husband said to just use it because I'm trying to not buy anything unless absolutely necessary. I did buy some beeswax for hand sewing... and how did I ever live without it?!?

The top consisted of 3 pieces; the front, back and sleeve pieces. It was redonkulously easy to make and it was finished in no time. And I LOVE IT!!!!


Pictured with my favorite brooch, a gift from my momma. :)

I want to go buy a thousand knits just to make tons of these! It fits beautifully with a slightly belled sleeve and it's a pretty good length, too. I am so in love with this! I'm going to wear it with skinny jeans and one of my favorite pair of heels and one of my many brooches that I simply cannot stop buying. I can't help it when our local thrift shop has them for $5 or less!!

Comments

Popular Posts