Christmas 2016


Guess who's back... back again. Why hello there, my poor neglected blog! It's been a while, non? So things have been kind of crazy lately. We now have, drumroll please, 5 freaking cats. The last few months have seen an influx of cats. One of them, Bonnie, was so thin and starving, so we took her in. The last one, Simon, is a pain in the ass. He does not know how to cat, so he nips and purrs and is completely confusing. He's better after 2 months of work, but still not able to mingle with the others unsupervised. Anywho, that is taking up a ton of time, but since he's slightly better, I'm finding myself with some free time as of late. The holidays came and went waaaaay too quickly. We barely decorated for Christmas. For some reason, we just weren't feeling it this year. We're gonna try to prep early next year so we can enjoy it more. But I digress... I'm back, bitches!!! :-D

So for Christmas my wonderful husband got me a couple of sewing items that I've had my eye on. One of them was a loop turner because I busted mine long ago. The other was something I've been dying to try:



Omg I love the look of this so much in all its retro glory! First off, the color is freakin adorable. It's like a coraly pink delight. Secondly, the little black flower that holds it together is such a cute touch!



And third, it's going to be a handy mofo. I have wanted this ever since I spotted this in a vintage sewing book. They talked about how easy it was too mark both sides of the fabric, but the tacker they showed (the little yellow dude in the picture) was less impressive.


Got this book for a quarter at our local thrift store!!

Either one looked like it would work well, but I'm pleased as pie to have gotten this one, especially in this color! I was looking at ones on eBay that were yellow and I'm not a giant yellow fan.

He also got me a book I've been eying ever since I got her most recent book:



I got Gertie's Ultimate Dress Book and loved it! Ever since then, I've been wanting to try some of her other stuff. I'm pretty excited after my first look through and I've already decided on the Pin-Up Sweater as my first project from this book. So we shall see.

Lastly, but certainly not least, he got me this uh-mazing shirt!!!



OMG I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!! We recently started watching Columbo and I am absolutely in love with Peter Falk! This was the best surprise and I am so excited to wear this the next time go to town!

So in short, I had a pretty great Christmas and I will be getting back into blogging now that the holidays are over. :-D

Comments

Popular Posts