Anchors Away Dress

So I was looking through my stash for some fabric to make into a dress and came across this nautical fabric...


Ahoy matey

I got this fabric at an auction and I'm not sure how old it is, but there was some discoloration on the folds which sucked. However, I had enough to make a dress and then some!! So I was able to easily cut around the funky spots. That is after I decided on a pattern, of course.

I wanted this to be the Year of Vintage where I only used vintage patterns since I have so many now. However, along with the spring blouse, I picked a pattern I had made before and loved. Voila!



I made this dress twice already and love the hell out of it. The fit, the pleats, everything! So I laid the fabric out with the help of Moo and cut myself a new dress! This fabric remind me of my 'Not Prom' Prom Dress; it's quite stiff stuff, which I love for this pleated pattern! It makes the pleats stand out. This time around I wanted to add the collar from view D, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to go full sailor with a white collar or make it match the fabric like view D. I ended up trying both and I liked the white collar best. What do you think?




Crappy shot, but I have an anchor button!!

Still one of my favorite dress patterns to make. Will be making more soon!! :-D

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts