Vintage Pattern Storage

Occasionally I will ask my husband for advice or just mention an issue I have and 99% of the time he has a great idea for me. The most recent idea that has helped me out was suggesting comic book bags and boards for my vintage patterns. He has a few comics and they stay nice and tidy in their little homes, so I thought I would give that a shot. Plus, I mainly just wanted to keep my small stash of very deteriorated patterns isolated from my 'vintage but not yet falling apart' patterns.

I bought a pack of boards and bags on eBay for pretty cheap and got to work. They all looked pretty good and I was pretty happy until the husband came up with another great idea: write the pattern name on the tops of the boards so I could thumb through the box and quickly find the one I was looking for! Brilliant!! So I got out my calligraphy kit and got to work. I'm not very good at calligraphy, but it looks better than a sharpie.




I love them this way!!! They're protected and easy to find. Horray!!

Comments

Popular Posts