Simplicity 4605 Pattern Review/ Birthday Fabric

So my aunt-in-law got a crap ton of sewing patterns for me and whilst cataloging them, I picked out a choice few that I wanted to try ASAP. This was one of them. The Simplicity 4605 from the Khaliah Ali Collection.



When I first saw this pattern, I fell in love with the white top on the front cover. When I showed my husband, he said he liked the blue-ish green one with straps better, so I went with that one. Don't get me wrong, I still would like to make the strapless one, but this was kind of an experiment anyways, so I thought I would humor him. The reason this was an experiment? Most of the patterns she found for me were pretty huge. Like this one, for example, was a GG which starts off at 26W and goes up from there. Naturally I needed to take this in a bit, so I cut out the smallest pattern pieces and took them in a couple of inches. It is still a little big on me, but not horribly. It's comfortable!! Plus, I finally got to use some of the beautiful black and tan lace that my good friend Sammi got me for my birthday.



It was a little weird to construct because my silly ass didn't take the shoulder part in at all, so it is extremely loose up top. Thank god for straps, amiright? The sleeves and the bodice part fit well, but I think I can do a second one better. Plus my initial thought was that this pattern was for stretch knits. I know typically knit patterns are cut a little smaller because the fabric is going to have stretch to it, so what if I took the smallest pattern pieces and cut them in a non stretchy fabric? Would they fit decently? It's worth a shot later on down the road. In the meantime, what do you think?


The front...


...And the back

You can't see the sleeves, but trust me, they're there. :)

Comments

Popular Posts