Sewing is the Debil

Man, I don't know who to blame this on. Its not my fault, though... no, never my fault. ((discreet cough)) I received a Nancy's Notions catalog in the mail and perused through it the other day. What I saw that peaked my interest was a tailor board. For those of you who are not familiar with said board, here is what it looks like:



This item is for pressing. I have been trying to get into pressing more because it really is a step that shouldn't be skipped during sewing. I just lack the room to leave my ironing board and iron within easy reach all the time. I have to drag my ironing board out from its spot behind some other crap in spider town and set it up, which doesn't take a large amount of time, but it would be much nicer to have the room to have a 'pressing area' always ready to go.

Anywho, whilst looking through Nancy's catalog, I spied this device and remembered that I had also seen it in some of my older sewing books as an 'essential sewing tool.' So I did some research and watched a video from none other than Nancy herself showing how to use said object and I thought it would be extremely helpful to have, so I bought one. You turn it to and fro and use the different shapes to press the different kinds of shapes you make whilst sewing. Sounds pretty cool. I also want a tailor's ham, but I wanted to make my own. I have not gotten said tailor's board yet, but I am super excited. It would be so nice to be able to press a princess seam correctly, among all the other types of seams I will be able to press easily.

And I am currently working on making a leotard/body suit. It is coming along nicely because I am taking my time and doing every single step. However, as I sat down to sew last night, we had a batch of storms roll through complete with lots of lightning. I had to shut my machine down and prep the next couple of steps, like lots of pinning and prepping. So tonight I shall attempt to work on it again!

Comments

Popular Posts