Nothing To Do

Holy... Freakin... Cow... I am officially caught up with sewing!!! I'll admit, I did give up on a couple of projects, but it was not done lightly. I thought long and hard about a couple of them before deciding that they were not fixable. I worked so hard on a romper, but it came out like crap. It is my own fault. I should have looked closer at the measurements before hand and I should have made a muslin to test the fit, but I did not. One shirt I abandoned was a velvety greenish yellow. Unfortunately the remnants that I had of that fabric were not cut on the bias when I cut them, so the stretch was going up and down, not right and left. There really wasn't a way for me to fix that for myself. I donated it to Goodwill so maybe a smaller person could wear it without needing the stretch.

I am now left with the muslin sloper parts that I was working with when I started my first sewing class. I was working on making my bodice sloper fit better when I abandoned working on it to sew some actual clothes, but now I shall go back and finish the sloper and actually make sure it fits and then transfer it onto thick brown paper to keep on hand. Then one day if I am feeling frisky, I might attempt to make my own pattern. I used Swedish tracing paper before I had actually bought muslin, but it is a sewable paper, so I need to take my skirt and pant slopers and sew them together and make sure they fit and make them into paper patterns, too. I'm pretty confident that the skirt pattern will fit. It was a pretty simple sloper to make. The pants were interesting to make, so I'm curious as to what they will come out like.

But for now, I am finished with actual fashion sewing until I finish my sloppy sloper madness. It's all piled in one corner of my sewing table. It would be so nice to clean that area off. I have been really good about going into spider town at night after work and cleaning/organizing or finishing a piece I have left in my to-do bin. I am trying really hard to get organized before the move. I don't want to be moving into our new home and having to also organize all my crap because it was a big ol mess before it was packed. That is stress I do not need. Plus, when I go in there and see how clean it looks, it makes me want to get in there and get to work, if only for 15 minutes to stabilize something or iron a little. I did finish my oddly colored purse and will be posting that soon. It was actually a lot of fun! :-D

Comments

Popular Posts