McCalls 7582 Review/ Floral Romper

Ok, ok... I know I am not a little kid. I'm almost 30. That might be part of the reason I have shied away from rompers. They just seem like something a kid would wear... like overalls. I detest overalls on anyone over the age of 7 unless they are a farmer. They just look silly on grown women to me. I don't care how hot you are; they're overalls. Anywho, when my coworker bought me this pattern from Goodwill, it kind of changed my mind on rompers.



I really loved view C and wanted to make it asap. I am in between patterns right now (sort of) so I thought I might start this one. My aunt-in-law gave me a swatch of fabric that I think used to be a dress and I just loved the sweet little flowers on it, so I decided to use it for my first attempt at a romper.



Cute, right?? So view C only has 4 pieces, so it looks like it will be fairly simple to construct, which I love. So as soon as I have a chance, I shall make this and with luck it will be a very comfy summer essential for my wardrobe. I was toying with the idea of making one with a white top and business-y bottom. We'll see.

On a side note, my mother and I did not make it to the Buttercup Festival. Our little man, Titus, had not eaten for a couple of days and on Friday night we gave him fluids and decided to take him to the vet on Saturday. He was so sick that she ended up keeping him all weekend and when I picked him up on Monday, he was all kinds of better. He hasn't left our sides ever since. He normally 'helps' me with yoga in the mornings, but the past few mornings he has been downright all up in my way and he is not sorry about it one little bit. haha. I'm just glad he is better. So, good news is that I already have both a purse and a top to wear to next year's Buttercup Festival!

Comments

Popular Posts