Buttercup Bag, Bitches/ Simplicity 2164 Review

I made my first bag!! I really wanted an 'across the body' bag to take on outings when I didn't want to lug around my heavy ass purse full of stuff. I had some left over fabric from this shirt, so I decided to make a flowery bag to go with my flowery shirt. It doesn't match, per se, but they are both flowers. Close enough.

This is the pattern I chose:


It was very simple and the instructions were clear. It has a lining and a button closure. The only thing I would change, and I will most likely go purchase this stuff, is that I forgot to put the webbing in the strap. It would just make the strap a little more stable and sturdy. I don't have any webbing and honestly didn't look closely enough at the 'notions needed' area on the back before starting. Oops. However, it is still a nice bag!!




My little rose button. :)


Fully lined and awesome!


And what's this? A lined pocket?! Did they call for a lining in the pocket? Hells no they didn't! I just wanted it to look extra nice.


I think it hangs at a nice spot on my hip area. It will be perfect for the Buttercup Festival this coming weekend! Super stoked!

I had actually started a purse a loooooong time ago and it has literally been sitting on my sewing table in the corner, all cut and ready to go. Why haven't I finished/started it?? No clue. Its the tan and green one:


I have some white large dots fabric, some silky gray fabric and some silky burgundy fabric cut out. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I picked the fabrics, but we shall see how this one turns out.

Comments

Popular Posts