Thanksgiving 2014

“Ask her what she craved, and she'd get a little frantic about things like books, the woods, music. Plants and the seasons. Also freedom."

My mother posted that on facebook and I have to say that it pretty much sums her up, and also myself. I love it!!

Anywho, I have been working on a special Christmas project for my mother in law, so I have not been able to work on anything else for fear that the guilt of not finishing something will kill me. I had, however, started on this shirt before I began on the Christmas secret, so as soon as I am done I shall post about it. This is the pattern in question...



I had originally gotten this pattern on a $.99 sale but the only one they had left was a 16-24. I just figured I would be able to make the piece, which at the time was the sweater, and then take it in. I wanted to make my own grandpa sweater, so I was going to make that one and modify it to make a v-neck. However, when I made said sweater, it was all wrong. The material I chose was just ok. It was a dark green couple of yards I got off ebay. And it was one of my earlier attempts at using a pattern, so it all kind of went wonky. It is currently just sitting in my closet. I can't make myself give it away cause it kind of sucks, but I also don't really want to throw it away. I have issues, ok. :\

Anywho, this go around, I planned on making the shirt, but adjusting as I go. I might be doing this wrong, but you live and you learn. I took and cut out the fabric for the smallest included size: 16. Then, I used my compass and measured 1 inch in on both sides and then cut that out, making a smaller version. I got almost done cutting the shirt out when I was recruited for this Christmas gig. So as soon as I finish it, I will begin again on the shirt from this pattern. I also shall post pictures of the Christmas surprise, but not until after Christmas, of course. :)

Comments

Popular Posts