Stitchin Queen

Most days, I am not the Stitchin Queen. Most days, you can find me going to my tried and true straight stitch. But once in a while, I get a wild hair and go for something new. For my Kitty Cat skirt, I chose a new stitch for the waistband, since it was supposed to be a dress but I ended up taking the skirt part off. Instead of looking through my patterns for a skirt facing, I just turned it under and gave it a nice sturdy stitch... the dreaded Triple Stretch Stitch! (cue dramatic music)

I actually saw a small blurb in the fall issue of Burda Style about 'stitches that are on most machines that you don't use' or something of that nature. I glanced at that article, but the entire issue itself was kind of a let down, so I didn't really read the article until a week later. I noticed the triple stretch stitch and wasn't really looking for a tougher stitch, I mainly liked the way it looked; Like a slightly thicker top stitch. But when I applied it to my skirt, it was for the tougher aspect of the stitch. You're supposed to use said stitch in areas that need a bit of reinforcement. So using this for the stitch on the waist of my skirt seemed like a good idea...

And it was!



Its kind of hard to tell; it just looks like a thicker stitch. I definitely see myself using this more often, as it is a general all around good stitch. I rarely worry about popping a stitch (unless I ate too much), but now I am sure I cannot pop this stitch, no matter how much I eat. The only downside I see to using the Triple Stretch Stitch is that when I need to undo a stitch because I have messed up somewhere (happens just about every time), it might just be a tad bit harder to pick out. But never fear! It might make me sew more carefully from now on...

Comments

Popular Posts