I Want to Sew Everything!!

I really do... I am currently working on a purse, and I have gotten some odds and ends patterns here recently to try. I have always loved big floppy sun hats, and when I saw this McCalls M6664 pattern, I instantly thought I might want to give it a try.


How cute is that hat?! It looks more like a winter hat, but I'm sure with the right fabric/material one can make a nice summer hat. I might pick that up the next time Hancocks has a $.99 sale. I also wanted to try my hand at a sewing machine cover, even though my amazeballs machine came with one. So I picked this pattern up at a $.99 sale...

It's so cute!!! Wook at it!!! I am going to attempt that one sometime soon. I might just start with the pincushion cat head, but the way my cats play with small stuffed balls, it might just become one of their toys.

Then there is this one that I bought at that same cheap sale...


I wanted to make our own tree skirt with some of my remnants. None of them are Christmas-y remnants, but I do have some white fur like material that might just look like snow under the tree. This pattern also comes with some ornaments you can make, such as a doggie, a cupcake and surprise surprise, a cat. I can only assume that our cats will play with any small stuffed ball type object that I make, so I might not make these for our tree... they might be gifts. I also want to make my husband a stocking, which I have also never made before. Our cat Peaches had one, so I guess I should make the 2 rugrats their own, too. There is also a wreath pattern, which is interesting because I just started dipping my toes into making wreaths.

So along those lines, I have been making strides with my credit, as I wanted to do for one of my new year's resolutions. We had a minor set back with the addition of the cost of Titus's surgery, but I now have everything moved into one account and it is on a 0% interest card. So that is a good thing! One payment to one card instead of multiples.

I feel like an adult when I check my credit score or move balances to lower interest cards. But that is about the only time I ever feel like an adult. I asked my husband, since he is 10 years older than me, if he feels like he is almost 40. He said no, which is how I feel about turning 30. I don't think I could care less. I even found a gray hair. I still don't care! I don't feel any different, so why should a number matter? A lot of girls my age are dreading the big 30, but why? Is something going to change on my 30th birthday?? No. So why dread it? You get older... it happens. I'm happy in my everyday life, so as long as we just keep on truckin, I don't see a big deal with turning 30. My husband and I still act like silly kids. As long as we keep that up, I'm good to turn any age. :)

Comments

Popular Posts