Hunting Grounds

***Warning: This post has nothing to do with sewing... Well, maybe a little.

So my husband and I are moving within the next 8 months or so, and it has been kind of hard to focus on, well, anything. Our lease is up in April and we have a sneaking suspicion that our new landlord is going to raise the rent again like he did this past April. That's cool and all, but we have been talking about how we'd prefer to be paying for an actual house rather than tossing our money to the rent machine. We're not in a huge hurry to move, but I got approved for a loan, and so we have been looking for things we like in houses. For instance, I'd love a basement. I hate Hate HATE tornadoes and would like a place to go within my home where I might feel somewhat safe. That or a storm shelter. I'd love to have a garage so my husband can keep his car safe and I can have a place to store all my plant shit. Right now, all my planting implements are sitting on or under my swing, which is not where they belong. The swing is for sitting, not storing. I'd love a bigger kitchen, as our current kitchen (and overall living space) is pretty small. We don't have a lot of counter space, but we have a lot of big kitchen appliances, such as a bread machine, a stand mixer, a toaster oven, etc. I just want either more counter space and/or more cupboards. Or both.

Two bathrooms (or 1.5) is a must. Just so if we both go out to eat and get the shits, we can go home and both be in our own bathrooms in peace. One of the main things we are looking for is at least 2 bedrooms, as I need somewhere to sew. Right now, my sewing room/Spider Town is half filled with my sewing stuff and half filled with tool boxes and car parts, which could also go in a fantasy garage or shed. I'd like to have my own room where I can spread out and work without bending around a piece of exhaust or a crank shaft. But I'd also like for my husband to have room for his stuff, too, so 3 bedrooms is not out of the question. If we had a basement or attic, I'd want to set up base there.


How nice would that be?!

I know we aren't in a hurry to move, but if we find a good deal, we might just go ahead and make the jump and not wait for April. There is a house in particular we are looking into, but the realtor has not gotten back with me. I'm getting a bit frustrated, as we do not have a set realtor. But if I were selling a house and someone called and emailed me about it, I might give them a courtesy call. Another lady did call about a different house and she was extremely nice, even though the house was a no-go. But at least she called! Shit, I might call her and see if she can help.

This current house, however, does not have a basement or attic. Hey, a girl can dream...

Comments

Popular Posts