Halloween Preview

So I was thinking about Halloween, because really, why not? I love Halloween! Best time of the year! I usually know what I am going to be based on what Halloween accessories I acquired last year at an after Halloween sale, but I did not do any shopping last year, so I have to come up with something. I was thinking, as I was picking out a pair of shoes for work today, that I have a lot of cool pin-up looking shoes. Then it hit me; I'll just be a pin-up for Halloween this year!


To start, lets look at my hair. For the past 2 days, I have been wearing my hair in what I like to think of as a 50s type style. I watched a wonderful video of a girl styling her hair and it made me want to do my hair that way from now on. I like having my hair down, but when it gets in my face, I get frustrated. This new style (the first one she does in the video) keeps it up off my face, but still down. A partial up-do, I guess? She also does finger curls which also look good, but I do not think I have the patience for that, especially if I will be dressing up at work (you bet your boots I will) and have to do my hair at 6 in the morning.

As far as the makeup goes, most pinups have minimal makeup on, or so it would seem.

The lovely Dita Von Teese. :)

I love the cat eye liquid liner look, so that will be easy. I have some orange/coral lipsticks, so I can easily switch to red if I decide to. I guess that depends on what I will be wearing. I might try a beauty mark, too. Makeup should be no problem at all.

The shoes are next up. I have a few pairs that I will choose from, but they all depend on the dress I will make. These are the ones I am wearing at work right now, and I think they will go with a lot of options:


I also have a floral pattern version of these shoes, but they are wedges instead of regular heels. Both are insanely comfy, too, so no worries there. I also have these...


Well, similar to these... Mine are more of a turquoise shade and shorter heel with a black button. A lot of older 50s type pictures have similar shoes as these, but I don't know if they scream 'pin-up' to me. There are also these...



I love the hell out of these shoes, but I'm not 100% convinced they are pin-up enough. But that all depends on what I will be wearing, so lets move along to that...

The one that springs to mind when I think about what patterns I have to choose from is this one:


I was thinking about making this in some new fabric, but I really need to work with what I have, so I will have to go digging when I get home and see what I can use. Challenge accepted! I will also look through my patterns for any more 50s type pin-uppy looks. And most of the ones I have looked at are either polka dots or floral, both of which I love. I am very excited for this! :D

Comments

Popular Posts