Panty Party: Part 2

It has finally happened. I finally made some underwear that fits well!!
((insert party music here))

haha. So I bought the Simplicity 8624 and 8436 patterns a couple weeks ago off Ebay and received them and got to work. I also received Simplicity 8711 and 8437 but have not made them yet. I will probably attempt them as soon as I finish this post because both 8624 and 8436 went so well!! I was skeptical because I had made some panties before and they were never quite right. Usually they were way too big, but I was going by the measurements on the pattern envelope. I told my husband this as I was preparing to do the exact same thing; cutting it out based on my waist measurement. But he remembered the old super large ones and recommended that I cut for a medium instead of an extra large. I decided to humor him and make a medium for the first one, 8436. This was a tester anyways, but I'll be damned if he wasn't right. Men... :-D


^The front...


... and the back. So the lace doesn't line up quite right. Who cares! I might try to make them match a bit better in the future, but its not a huge deal. Only 2 people are going to be seeing them (not counting the cats) and neither of us care that much.


Look at that FOE!!! Its the best I have ever done! I was so happy when that one was done!!

They fit pretty good! The front piece was a little large still, so for the 8624 ones I cut the front piece in a small and the back part in a medium and they fit like a glove! I wore them today to run errands and donate blood and they were so freakin comfy and didn't give me a wedgie at all, even with hopping on and off the blood donation table and getting in and out of the truck a bunch.


The front is green mesh that I got from one of those amazing $5 lingerie grab bags from Tailor Made Shop. I knew it would come in handy one day!


The back is the same green mesh behind the lace.


This looked so pretty that I almost didn't want to sew it together. haha. But I am so glad I did.

So yeah, I was super pleased with these 2 patterns!! I am excited for the next 2 so we shall see how they go. Kudos to Madalynne for making some awesome panty patterns! I can't wait to try out some of the bras, too.

Comments

Popular Posts