Stripes and Bows Blouse

So it was Halloween day and I was sitting at work thinking about sewing (as always) when I decided to make a blouse with this red and white striped knit fabric that I had bought months ago at hobby lobby. But what to make? I finally decided on McCalls 6570 because I had made the top before and was not pleased with at all. I was still pretty new to sewing and didn't choose a good fabric that would go well with this pattern. So I decided to give it another go.




My dumb ass didn't want to cut the front out in 2 pieces, so I cut it and the back on the fold and sewed the front to the back at the shoulders and side seams. This is meant to be a loose fitting top, but it was pretty darn big still, so I took the sides in a little more. The pattern I bought (for some strange reason) is from size 12-20, so It's still roomy but it's not 'sack like.'



The shoulders have pleats that are hard to notice but they give a slight ruffly effect to the sleeves which is cute. I also added a small red bow. I'm not sure why, but something in my head said 'add a bow!!!!' so I did.



Overall, the second time around went so much better than the first, but it's still not quite right. I think it would be better with a lightweight cotton rather than a knit. I mean, it's an OK top, but I think it could be better. I'll probably use it for a yoga blouse or something. It's not the pattern's fault. So I shall try again!

Comments

Popular Posts