Simplicity 3786 Review- Pintucks

A long long time ago in a city far away...

That's my Star Wars opener. You're welcome. Anywho, I've been sitting on this medium weight, drapey fabric for quite some time now and I figured it was time to make myself a blouse. Specifically, Simplicity 3786.



I bought both this pattern and the fabric at our local help center a few months ago. I have begun to refer to the help center as 'the fabric store' because it is a rare day when I don't walk out with something sewing related. When I got this pattern home, I saw that it had already been cut in a size 8. I was a bit sad because I wasn't sure if it would be loose enough. But after some measuring I decided to just jump in.

This pattern consisted of 5 pieces and it was very simple to put together. However, this was my first time sewing pintucks. It was pretty fun and I really like the look of them. Very feminine indeed.


Extreme close up!

I took the front apart 2 more inches down from the original neckline because with the pintucks it was laying kind of wonky on my bust. Now with a lower neckline it looks more like the picture on the envelope. This fabric is so nice and flowy but also very ravelly, so I made French seams to keep everything together nicely.



The sleeves were supposed to be the short version, but I just extend them a bit because this fabric just looked like it was made for 3/4 length sleeves. Ta-da!!!



I don't know why the collar is higher on one side. Maybe because the fabric was slippery when I was cutting it and it didn't get cut correctly? I dunno, but I think it looks better with the collar turned down, except that the pintucks are kind of hard to see this way.



(sigh) I just don't know about that collar area. Overall I would love to make this again in a longer sleeve version. And maybe in a more lightweight cottony fabric so the pieces don't distort. Its not the pattern's fault. Totally mine. So I shall try again. And this is not unwearable, so yay!

Comments

  1. I have this pattern making its way to the top of my stash, as well. Great to see how it came out. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts