Flowery Skirt/ Simplicity 2451 Review

As the holiday season approaches, I find myself wanting to make beautiful clothes that I will never wear. I do occasionally wear nice things to work 'at home' but they don't look quite right without shoes. Anywho, my mom gave me this lovely flowery fabric a few months ago and I've been dying to make a beautiful dress with it.

However, I thought that it made sense if I made a skirt that I could wear with a lot of blouses instead of a dress. I have a lot of blouses and tops that I want to wear and I usually wear them with jeans, but to classy myself up I thought about making more matching separates. Insert Simplicity 2451 to the rescue!



This pattern seemed like it was screaming for me to use with this fabric. Dunno why, but I listened to the screaming pattern. And I was not disappointed!



I LOVE this skirt!! It fits like a glove and looks so nice. The pattern consisted of 6 pieces and was super easy to put together. I made skirt C and I would like to make one of the longer, more flowy ones in a lighter fabric.

I used pinking shears to finish the inside seams and pockets and used this cool old looking zipper that I can't for the life of me remember where I got it from.


Look at that cool zipper pull thingy!

I made a very small hem on the bottom because I thought the length was good and I used 3 hook and eyes instead of 2. I am so very happy with this skirt! The fabric I think is an interior fabric based on the selvedges.


Spot resistant... sounds like my kinda fabric

It's pretty thick as far as cottons go which I love because it feels like I can do anything and not have to worry about damaging it. Mega plus is that there is still enough fabric to make a whole dress! Boom!!!

Comments

Popular Posts