Down With The Sickness/ Simplicity 2308 Review

Every year, my family and I try to make it to the NAIA Pow Wow down at Long Hunter State Park in October. The weather is lovely, the event is amazing and it's just magical. However, this year the powers that be decided that I was not to attend, having caught some sort of a bug. I'm not 100% sure how I got sick as I rarely leave my house, so I'm blaming it on the husband, who had sweetly ventured out to the store for me so I wouldn't have to go. Or maybe it was something I ate. Still not sure.

Anywho, to prepare for the event (the pow wow, not the sickness) I had made both a blouse and a sweater. Sadly I did not get to wear them that day. Well, I did actually get to wear them long enough for me to ask the husband how I looked before rushing off to the bathroom. I was the best dressed sicko in the house that day, I tell ya.

The sweater in question was one I had made before, McCalls 6708. Very easy to make. This time I omitted buttons in exchange for one hook and eye and I added some dusty blue lace to the front. Every time I got to one of the big swirls of lace, I hand tacked a small pink bead on to give it some feminine flair.





The blouse I made was actually a dress, so I just shortened it to a decent length. I got a whole bunch of plain white cotton from the thrift store and the sole purpose of this blouse was to wear under the sweater. I wanted something white with just a little bit of detail to put more focus on the sweater. I was proud of that thing! Haha.

Anywho, I chose Simplicity 2308 because I liked the pleats and the collar look. To choose the back I chose a plain white zipper and two cool buttons.




It looks kinda wonky on the dummy, but much better on a person for some reason. haha



Overall both pieces were easy to make and I would love to make the blouse again, maybe in a more fancy fabric.

Comments

Popular Posts