Broccoli Skirt

So quite a while back I had started this vintage scallop dress pattern in a fabric that I thought had broccoli on it.


...in its little comic book bag and board for protection.


Broccoli...?


Nah. It's 2 little dudes planting a tree...?

It just looked like it was meant for scallops, but when I began to assemble the dress, something was not right. I couldn't put my finger on it, but it just didn't look right. I took the skirt off and focused on the bodice, deciding to make it a short jacket. The skirt was banished to 'the chair'. And there she sat for what seemed like ages until I made The List.

All this baby needed was a zipper, a waistband, two of the panels removed (because it was redonk big) and a final hemming. Easy peasy. I started by removing the two extra panels and luckily one of the panels was perfect for the waistband so that was simple. I added a lapped zipper and hemmed it and declared myself done. But then I wanted to address the inside seams. This fabric really didn't fray, but I was on a roll and wanted it to look as nice on the inside as it did on the outside. So all I did was lay the seams flat and stitch them down. Buh-bam!


purdy


A cat tail and whiskers for the back view... ...and the full cat who can't resist being in photos for the front view.

Now I'm done! I'm liking this List thing. I seem to be flying through UFOs. Heh heh... Flying through... Get it??

Comments

Popular Posts