Hell Bent For Pleather : Part One

So the other day my husband and I went to our local thrift store and for the past few weeks they have had like no fabric, until this day. Lo and behold, they had not only some pleather, but also some sort of thick interfacing. The interfacing is like what I probably should have used in my hat instead of Frankenstein-ing it. But I digress...


Oooh... shiny...


Look at that thickness! Heh heh...

Anywho, I have made an unofficial list of things that I wanted to complete before fall (ha!) and on that list was a really nice handbag. I wanted to make a really nice handbag. Kind of a challenge for me. So when we saw this pleather for $.50, it seemed like a sign to go ahead and make that handbag!

I 'dug' through my patterns (through the Memento app) and saw that I have 6 handbag patterns. It didn't take long to narrow it down to Simplicity 4729 because it looks like just a classic bag instead of something with a lot of little pieces. I wanted one that is similar in size to my current one because it's a pretty good purse. I've just had it for forever.


I chose view B, the one on the left and the right

So this pleather is a medium brown, very lovely colored. And it just so happens that I bought a set of purse handles for $1 from that very same thrift store around 6 months ago that are in the same shade! Well, they're a tad lighter, but it's barely noticable.



So imma read up on sewing with pleather and we'll meet back here in a week or two! Go team!!

Comments

Popular Posts